- Download the Rooting Package for Galaxy Note 2 N7100 smartphone and odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract the same.
- Turn Off your device so that it can be entered in the download mode. The download mode in Galaxy Note 2 N7100 can be entered in recovery mode by pressing the Volume Up rocker key + power button at the same time while the device is turned Off. If the device starts in the normal mode, you need to re try the process of the entering the device into the download mode.
- Connect your Note 2 with your computer / Laptop and then in Odin you will see that the ID : COM section will turn Yellow indicating that all the drivers are installed successfully.
Install the USB Drivers in your computer &
Go to the Path “Settings > Wireless & Network > USB Settings” and ensure that “Samsung KIES” option is ticked before connecting the phone to the computer.
- Click on “PDA” to select “cwm6-root-note2.tar.md5” and once you have selected the file, click on “Start” for starting the process of firmware update. Once the rooting process is completed successfully, the device will be restarted. Please be informed that the device will take longer time than expected for rebooting the device. You can disconnect the device once you see the home screen.
- To check your device is rooted or not, you can check the same from the app “Root Checker” which can be downloaded from the Google PLAY Store. If the device is rooted it will show that the device is rooted, just in case if the device is not rooted then you will have to repeat the whole process.
Note: Just in a rare case if your Galaxy Note 2 device doesn’t boot up or say if it refuses to how up the home screen, then Long press the power button to turn it Off and follow all the above instructions again from the start.So, there you go you have now successfully rooted your device on the latest firmware. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues.